[Development] Notes from the QWidget session

Thorbjørn Martsum tmartsum at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 19:55:46 CEST 2012

Thanks for the update. I just want to say 'hear hear' (or at "least Looks
good to me, but someone else must approve") ;)

I do think that it would be a *very good idea* to have a QtWidget
maintainer. Not because Girish isn't a good approver (since he obviously
is) - but in order to ensure that people sees QtWidgets as alive. One of
the reasons people consider Qt Widgets as dead (and can argue that they
are) - is the lack of a maintainer(!) - and it would be far easier to
spread the word about QtWidgets if we had a such.

But of course the Widgets are still alive - and Stephen Kelly is also
helping improving the Item Views in Qt Widgets - and afaik there has been
some nice fixes. To brag a bit I have (with his help) improved QHeaderView
so that TableViews can handle many data and unlike Qt4 do moveSection,
swapSection(s), hideSection and trunc of model reasonable fast. (Hopefully
without any regressions:) )

However - the above is actually not just to brag. It is to give an example
of something that has been improved. We need to show and know(!) about
QtWidgets progress. It is easy to state: "Qt is alive" - but someone could
ask ... "why?". (And the reason 'it wasn't killed is not enough ...). So if
people knows about big (or many) improvements to QtWidgets - it could be a
good place and time to speak up.

So here is a good chance for people to give credit to themselves (or others)

Btw. Is somebody looking into the regressions in QGraphicsView?