[Development] Notes from the QWidget session

Thorbjørn Martsum tmartsum at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 09:07:55 CEST 2012

*@*Harri

*Yes. And to be realistic: a single maintainer won't be enough*

Agreed. There should be five QtWidgets maintainers like in the list (
http://qt-project.org/wiki/Maintainers), but Stephen Kelly is the only one.
After that is said - one more maintainer would certainly improve the
situation a lot.

*Nice to hear.*

I plan to optimize (/refactor) it further since I now know the QHeaderView
code very well - but beside that I have a lot of ideas.
Just to state a few of them:

* Drag and drop with option to like being next to a Widget and with a
sticky option that a kind of connects the widgets
(when one of the widgets is moved the other is too. This is not something I
plan to do - at least not in the near future)

* A multiline QLineEdit

* Put in a checkbox in QMessageBox - so that it could state something like:
"Do not show this message again" - or "I know this implies .... "
(It would need  an option to prevent certain answer - e.g before this
option is checked ...)

Ideas to improve QtWidiget is not something that we lack - but we need more
people in every level (contributes, approves and maintainers).
For me - improving Qt is just a hoppy. I cannot put a full time job into
this (if I want to keep my family ... which I currently want to ... :) )

@Иван
I do think that your idea on more Widgets in the designer is good - and
maybe we also need some function ported from KDE to Qt.
Doing something with QtWidgets can clearly show that it is still very much
alive :)