[Development] cmake files for qt5 problems with Qt5Quick/Qt5Qml modules on Mac OS X

Stephen Kelly stephen.kelly at kdab.com
Sat Jun 30 14:55:22 CEST 2012

On Friday, June 29, 2012 20:44:13 Nils Jeisecke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using cmake for building my stuff so the new cmake support
> directly in Qt5 is really appreciated. Thanks Stephen and KDAB!

Thanks for trying it out :)

> There's a problem with the Qt5Quick and Qt5Qml modules though. The
> generated configuration files don't work and I had to make some
> adjustments to let things build.

Just to be clear - it works with the modules in qtbase, but not with
the ones
that depend on qtbase?

> qtbase is on 4182a3afac5321b21496ae276446e3ba46d29fd4.
>
> My platform is
> - Mac OS X
> - in source tree build
> - no install

This is the problem, I expect. Can you say more?

Are you building qtbase on its own (and not installing it) and then
qtdeclarative on its own (and not installing that either)?
Or are you using qt5.git?
What is your Qt configure line?
Do you use -frameworks?
Do you set CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH? To what?
What are the relevant paths for your repos/install dirs/etc?
What happens if you install? Does it work then?

I'm attempting to get the CI system to run the CMake module unit tests,
but
they're awaiting review for the moment. Maybe we'll get some answers
next
week, but I'd be interested in your answers too.

Thanks,

--
Stephen Kelly <stephen.kelly at kdab.com> | Software Engineer