[Development] QTBUG-23489: Implement the new regular expression classes using PCRE

Giuseppe D'Angelo dangelog at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 06:17:37 CET 2012

On 22 February 2012 17:11,  <lars.knoll at nokia.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this is the first mail where I'd like to go through the remaining features
> for Qt 5.0.
>
> I know that this bug is blocked by not having PCRE in 3rdparty/. But how
> is the status apart from this? Thiago, simply tell me if you feel
> comfortable with the code and I'll do final review and approval. If it
> doesn't break BC and is standalone from other code in qtcore, it can go
> into master, otherwise I'd prefer it to go into api_changes.

The PCRE import landed in master 🙌 :)

I just rebased and repushed all of my QRE commits on api_changes, just
to stay a little bit on the safe side since they're going to touch
QString; you can find them from # 18659 to 18672 (sadly, gerrit
created new changes instead of just "moving" the old ones).

All but 18672 are the old ones just rebased, that instead is new and
adds the (missing) error strings handling.

NB: Since PCRE landed in *master*, there's the need of a merge before
staging these ones, but I didn't do it just yet (I don't even think I
can push merges).

Cheers,
--
Giuseppe D'Angelo