[Development] QTBUG-23737: Move QtQuick 1 to its own module

matthew.vogt at nokia.com matthew.vogt at nokia.com
Mon Mar 5 07:55:58 CET 2012

> Lars wrote:
> > This is mostly done. What remains is the renaming of the classes from
> > QDeclarative to QQuick/QQml. This is ok for me to go into api_changes
> > (you might need to create that branch in qtdeclarative) with the
> > compat hacks we have (in moc and qtdeclarative).
> >
> > Please add Jira tasks for the compat hacks so we can remove them once
> > all of Qt is using the new naming.
>
> These changes have been merged to the api_changes branches of qtbase
> and qtdeclarative, and Jira tasks for the removal of compatibility hacks have
> been created.

The renaming changes have now been merged from the api_changes branch of qtdeclarative into the master branch.

At this time, the declarative module is pinned to the api_changes branch of qtbase, but this will be removed when the merge of qtbase/api_changes to qtbase/master gets through CI.

We expect that projects using the existing QDeclarative... names for these classes should continue to build correctly in the immediate future, but the backwards compatibility workarounds created to enable this will be removed in the near future.  Please update you projects to use the new naming scheme; the shell script in qtdeclarative/bin/rename-qtdeclarative-symbols.sh should make the correct changes in client code.

Thanks,
Matt