[Development] Moving dbus tools to qtbase.git

Stephen Kelly stephen.kelly at kdab.com
Thu Mar 8 17:54:48 CET 2012

On Thursday, March 08, 2012 08:26:58 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On quinta-feira, 8 de março de 2012 16.41.09, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> > It would also be necessary to refactor dbus headers a bit to have
> > access to defines such as
> >
> > #define QCLASSINFO_DBUS_INTERFACE       "D-Bus Interface"
> >
> > without Q_OBJECT getting in the way etc.
> >
> > This also doesn't seem to be too hard.
>
> I didn't get what you meant here.

I meant that I can't just include "qdbusabstractadaptor_p.h" from the
bootstrapped qdbuscpp2xml, because all of the QObject stuff (which is not
available when bootstrapping) causes compile failures. Rather than using very
many ifdef QT_BOOTSTRAPPING, I would be moving

#define QCLASSINFO_DBUS_INTERFACE       "D-Bus Interface"

and some other stuff to qdbusdefs.h or so so that I can use it easily during
bootstrapping. I would also have to make QDbusIntrospection, QDbusXmlParser,
QDbusUtil and QDBusMessage bootstrapping friendly. Mostly that should be easy
enough.

> I only care that it's compatible with
> existing source.

I can do that.

> I think qdbusxml2cpp and qdbuscpp2xml should be bootstrapped and compiled to
> host.

I'll get it done asap then.

> qdbus doesn't need to be bootstrapped and it should be
> cross-compiled.

Agreed. I'm only aiming to move the 'build-time' tools to qtbase.git.

Thanks,

--
Stephen Kelly <stephen.kelly at kdab.com> | Software Engineer