[Development] When to remove old platform plugins?

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Thu Mar 8 21:21:32 CET 2012

Hi,

the alpha is getting closer and we still have some QPA platform plugins that
don't compile and I wonder what we should do with them? Polish and remove for
Qt5 Alpha, leave it in and hope someone will pick them up?

My list is:
	- kms
	- linuxfb
	- openkode
	- openvglite
	- openwfd
	- qvfb
	- uikit
	- vnc

kms:
Certainly a 'cool' plugin but is anyone using it? A platform that has KMS and
Mesa can certainly support Wayland.

linuxfb:
Show case of Qt5/QWidgets in a single process environment?

openkode:
Dead specification?

openvglite:
???

openfwd:
???

qvfb:
QWS is dead.. is there any reason to have this around?

uikit:
There was no development of the plugin in Qt5.

vnc:
Currently being removed