[Development] [Releasing] Qt 4.8.1 open source release date approaching..

Turunen Tuukka Tuukka.Turunen at digia.com
Fri Mar 9 17:16:27 CET 2012

On 9.3.2012 17.41, "Girish Ramakrishnan" <girish at forwardbias.in> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>2012/3/9 Salovaara Akseli <Akseli.Salovaara at digia.com>:
>> Hi,
>>

>> We are currently preparing & testing Qt 4.8.1 open source release for
>>next
>> week. Exact release date is still open, until all tests are passed.
>>And, as
>> discussed it is possible that critical problems are found, and then we
>>need
>> to take another try.
>>

>> We are currently testing against sha1 that points to commit:
>> 1e0021d8d9e374ae3959fcd4eac5d9e7238cbc54
>>

>Can you create a branch instead?

This was discussed earlier, and we were thinking about using a branch. It
was decided that we will try without. The basic idea is that at any time
the code should be good to use. Naturally it is not always so, thus we may
need to take another try.

We have nothing against using a branch, but it is not mandatory either. At
least not for patch releases.

Tag we will naturally do, so that it is easy to know what is the exact
release version.

Yours,

		Tuukka