[Development] Qt Quick2 OpenGL or Raster translucent window

hailong geng longlongh4 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 11 03:13:10 CET 2012

Hi
I have searched the Internet these two days and I find that it seems impossible to draw translucent window in Windows XP by OpenGL, because it doesn't support pixel alpha blending. So does Qt have found a way to do that for Windows XP?
Or Qt Quick2 just ignore the translucent function for Window which use OpenGL as backend, or even with Raster backend, I tried to set alpha channel and  use RasterSurface but QQuickView just crashed.(maybe RasterSurface  backend is not finished?)

For Windows Vista and newer windows version, there is DWMAPI which will support translucent opengl on desktop, you can see this demo, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qWKSYWIqdk, this is cool, isn't it ^_^
So shall Qt support translucent OpenGL window for Windows Vista and any newer version?