[Development] QUuid changes

Denis Dzyubenko denis at ddenis.info
Mon Mar 12 11:27:34 CET 2012

Hi,

There is a change that I was working that that slipped out of my hands
and was left unnoticed on gerrit (thanks Robin for reminding me!)

Is it too late to integrate a patch that removes implicit conversion
between QUuid and Windows GUID struct?
http://codereview.qt-project.org/11968

I would also like to remove other implicit conversions, like the
following constructors:

QUuid(const QString &);
QUuid(const char *);
QUuid(const QByteArray &);

remove them in favor of using explicit conversion functions
QUuid::toString and QUuid::fromString (see
http://codereview.qt-project.org/19580 )

If not removing, then at least make those constructors explicit to
avoid unintentional expensive conversions being used in applications.

Denis.