[Development] Re : QtSerialPort addon Wiki. Need spelling checking for English.

Davet Jacques davetjacques at yahoo.fr
Mon Mar 12 20:22:04 CET 2012

Hi,

I went over it and fixed most of
the text to make it grammatically correct and nicer to read, but I don't understand what the following paragraph is supposed to mean (in the
"SerialPort" section):

> For the standard implementation of the internal structure and interfaces
> was adopted class QAbstractSocket, as one of the most suitable in
> terms of functionality. In this case, the internal structure used by
> QAbstractSocket, was significantly revised and simplified.

"standard implementation"

Are
 there multiple implementations? Or is it simply supposed to refer to
the "core" / "technical foundation" of the implementation?

"internal structure and interfaces was adopted ..."
"internal structure [...] was significantly revised and simplified"

Does this mean ...

 - SerialPort is a subclass of QAbstractSocket?
or
 - SerialPort is a fork of QAbstractSocket?
or
 - SerialPort is inspired by QAbstractSocket / follows the API-conventions defined by QAbstractSocket?

The same goes for this similar paragraph (in the "SerialPortInfo" section):

> For the standard implementation of the internal structure and interfaces
> was adopted class QPrinterInfo, as one of the most suitable in terms
> of functionality.

Again: What exactly is the relation between the SerialPortInfo and QPrinterInfo classes?

Regards,

  Davet Jacques