[Development] QDoc can't ignore Q_PROPERTY

casper.vandonderen at nokia.com casper.vandonderen at nokia.com
Mon Mar 12 22:04:00 CET 2012

So let's step back for a bit:

>> I get not wanting to be forced into writing redundant 'emitted when
>> this property has changed' documentation but excluding documentation
>> that has been written for a signal seems a bit excessive, wouldn't it
>> be enough to just omit the warning for an undocumented signal if it's
>> a notify signal?
>
> That would work but the code to do that would be more complicated (can't
> just suppress warnings, must do "document as property" or "document as
> signal" depending on if the signal docs are found). Since I don't
> actually know the qdoc code, I went for a simple fix.
>
> If the above design pattern (co-opting a signal for NOTIFY) is common
> and suppressing the documentation for those signals will be a problem
> then I guess the more complicated fix will need to be done.

The solution given above would mean that it will become optional to document NOTIFY signals.
But is that not completely different from the original problem?

To me it seems like the original problem was that method documentation would not show up when a property had the same name. Or did I misunderstand that?

Casper