[Development] Demos, examples, docs etc for Alpha release

Quim Gil quim.gil at nokia.com
Tue Mar 13 00:10:36 CET 2012

I have been gathering more info & reality checks for the alpha
announcement and release notes, and I hope to have a first draft by the
end of tomorrow PST.

We have three big themes:

- Graphics performance: Qt Quick 2 (GL based scene graph, particle
system, shader effects), Qt Quick 3D, QtOpenGL, graphics effects, video
effects, MediaHub...

- Web technologies: QtWebKit2, V8, JsonDB, what else? I reached to the
QtWebKit mailing list for help.

- Portability: QPA for real. Since the alpha release itself won't be
available in many targets I'd welcome blog posts, testimonials video
proof points etc of teams playing with Qt 5 & QPA on different targets.
For instance, it would be great to see MediaHub or any of the
QtDeclarative examples running on different targets.

Also, a basic question: where can someone find the actual list of
Essential and Add-on modules that will be included in the Alpha? A
Work-in-progress list is fine, now the only reference I have is a slide
from last October-November.

--
Quim