[Development] When to remove old platform plugins?

Samuel Rødal samuel.rodal at nokia.com
Wed Mar 14 08:19:45 CET 2012

On 03/14/2012 12:30 AM, ext Pier Luigi wrote:
> 2012/3/8 Holger Hans Peter Freyther<holger at freyther.de>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> the alpha is getting closer and we still have some QPA platform plugins that
>> don't compile and I wonder what we should do with them? Polish and remove for
>> Qt5 Alpha, leave it in and hope someone will pick them up?
>
>> kms:
>> Certainly a 'cool' plugin but is anyone using it? A platform that has KMS and
>> Mesa can certainly support Wayland.
>
> Isn't KMS needed to run a QtCompositor?

KMS is just one of the plugins that can be used with QtCompositor, in
theory any plugin can be used if only SHM / raster buffers are used, or
if there is an appropriate hardware integration.

For the Wayland-EGL integration in Mesa on desktop, the KMS plugin is
currently the most convenient solution.

--
Samuel