[Development] cast ... increases required alignment of target type [-Werror=cast-align]

Rohan McGovern rohan.mcgovern at nokia.com
Wed Mar 14 23:32:43 CET 2012

Thiago Macieira said:
> On quarta-feira, 14 de março de 2012 21.37.23, lars.knoll at nokia.com wrote:
> > >Possible options:
> > >    a.) fix the underlying warning (probably very tough for alpha one)
> > >    b.) remove -Wcast-align from the headersclean.pri for the alpha one?
> > >    c.) don't mind that qtbase does not compile for MIPS in the alpha
> > >    d.) ???
> >
> > I'd go for (b), but if possible only for MIPS.

That is exactly what's done for ARM, it should be fine to do it for MIPS
too.  http://codereview.qt-project.org/20033 does this.

> Note that most users do not build the tests. So the build will not stop for
> them.
>
> -Werror should never be enabled on non-developer builds.

You did approve the change which enables it, though :)
7e970eb58c71dc08981575c648a04d258dbf0684, I mean.
Do you think this test should now only be enabled on developer builds?
IMHO that goes against the intent that the real headers we ship in a
publicly-configured Qt are free of warnings.