[Development] need to handle touch events rather than depending on mouse event synthesis

Adriano Rezende adriano.1.rezende at nokia.com
Thu Mar 15 10:02:52 CET 2012

On 03/15/2012 04:15 AM, Jones Martin (Nokia-MP/Brisbane) wrote:
> Sure, if you don't touch the flag you don't break anything, but as soon as someone uses the flag somewhere in a hierarchy of interactive Items you're going to have problems.  It's too late for 5.0.

We are already having problems, since this event propagation is broken.
Currently, we are having to create our own SingleTouchArea to avoid
touchs being propagated to underneath MultiPointTouchAreas, because even
though the MouseArea 'handles' touch events, through synthesized mouse
events, it will not prevent the original touch event passing through it.
The z-order matters here and on touch devices this behavior is not
acceptable. If we don't fix this know, it will bring much more problems
in the future.

If someone change this flag, he knows exactly what he is doing and
should know the outcome.

Br,
Adriano