[Development] Qt Playground - Command Line Parser experiment

Robin Burchell robin+qt at viroteck.net
Thu Mar 15 10:58:18 CET 2012

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 10:53 AM, David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote:
> Look at GNU getopt: same issue, it can't be used by tar. So what?

I think the "so what" about sums up my feelings on this too. It's
possible to bikeshed to the ends of the earth on pretty much any
topic, but this isn't useful to anyone, and doesn't actually get
anything done. The lack of argument processing means it is something
which gets reinvented pretty much everywhere (usually poorly!) all
over the place.

Why can't we just do it, and focus on the problems that _matter_ as
they come up?

tl;dr I agree with David.