[Development] Qt Playground - Command Line Parser experiment

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Thu Mar 15 13:24:25 CET 2012

> I only checked the tests file, but it seems like you're going for the GNU style where
> options following '-' are always one character letters.The Qt tools itself do not follow this style, e.g. qmake -project, not qmake --project, or qmake -p :) To use the parser also internally , it should IMO also support a style where '-help' is one valid argument.

That was my worry previously as well. Would it be possible to refactor
-foobar to --foobar for Qt5 (not using single dash for long options) ?
Otherwise, as far as I see, we lose the short options which is
something that the users would like to see.

We are beyond the feature freeze, thus it probably needs special
acceptance in case yes. If it does not happen, I am unsure whether it
can be done before Qt6 that way.

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp