[Development] These weeks in Oslo

Frederik Gladhorn frederik.gladhorn at nokia.com
Fri Mar 16 14:27:47 CET 2012

Hi,

we used to have a weekly email internally that would be a random collection of
what people did the last week. "This week in Oslo".

We didn't have this email in a while and I don't know how regular we get
around to sending it, but it might be interesting. If everyone here thinks
it's spam, we'll stop ;)

So this list is a) incomplete b) total random in that it contains people I ran
into c) not 100% serious.
You have been warned.

Greetings
Frederik

Shawn: playing with mouse area and touch events
Adriano: looked at memory consumption in QML
Jedrzej: changing Qt MetaType around
Kent: unbreaking CI because of changes in qtbase affecting qtdeclarative
Leonard: add debugging info to QThread
Arnab: documentation module fixes for QtXmlPatterns
Nico: document Qt JsonDb
Casper: modularize docs, move qdoc into qtbase, work on enabling qdoc to run
on just a directory
Martin S: update dita-xml generation in qdoc
Jiang: look at how to do a shared glyph cache in raster paint engine
Eirik: regression testing of qt scene graph rendering
Christian: distribute Fishermen's Friends to developers
Paul: direct rendering in qt compositor
Sergio: autotests block for windows build of qt 5 again; gerrit update soon so
you get less duplicate mail (on merges for ex); debating enabling of topic
branches again
Eskil: platform enablers for a shared glyph cache
Samuel: autotests for qt wayland (the first ones)
Jørgen: client side window deocrations for qt wayland plugin (currently in a
gitorious branch)
Joan: reduce memory consumption of distance field glyph cache
Denis: JsonDb optimizations and looking at alternative storage solutions
Martin P: fixed some network bugs
Ali: JsonDb B-Tree storage mechanisms, space optimizations
Carlos: removing transactionless cursors from JsonDb and more generally
prototyping storage solutions
Brad: broke and fixed qt; rocking the cocoa plugin, especially printing and
keyboard shortcut fixes
Morten: also rocking cocoa plugin, got creator with qt5 running on mac
(somewhat)
João: fixed Lars' qmap patch and then approved it
Pierre: fiddling with raw fonts in webkit and almost done with it
Benedikte: team building day in Oslo and recruiting developers
Jocelyn: fixed stuff in webkit
Andras: make webview flickable and fight touch vs. mouse issues
Tor Arne: webkit with qt5 improvements
Zeno: fixes to get qt webkit running on mac again and again, looking at
texture mapper not working
Jan Arve: got IAccessible2 work merged into qtbase
Frederik: improve and test accessibility events to update the at-client