[Development] Qt 5 and old versions of XCB

Bradley Smith bsmith at baysmith.com
Sat Mar 17 22:39:09 CET 2012

> The workaround for systems that don't meet the minimum requirements is to
> upgrade. Running brand, new and bleeding edge Qt 5 on an old system is not
> target for us. Simply upgrade -- at the very least the requirements.

Is it possible to upgrade just XCB? Upgrading the OS from OpenSUSE 11.1 is
not an option since this is a production environment used on very many
systems. I'm not familiar with how tightly integraded X11 and XCB are and
am unsure if there will be incompatibilities to upgrading pieces.

What is the minimum version of XCB required?

Thanks,
  Bradley