[Development] qHash / QHash changes

André Somers andre at familiesomers.nl
Mon Mar 19 11:17:29 CET 2012

Op 19-3-2012 10:42, Thiago Macieira schreef:
> They shouldn't rely on that at all. The documentation of QHash says
> that it produces an arbitrary but stable[1] order.

> [1] note that the order is stable. Two hashing tables with the same
> elements must produce the same order.

If I understood Giuseppe correctly, the meaning of 'stable' will be
limited to those hashes that have been initialized with the same seed,
which by default is the case for hashes within the same process, but not
for hashes created in different processes or in different runs of the
application.

André