[Development] need to handle touch events rather than depending on mouse event synthesis

Adriano Rezende adriano.1.rezende at nokia.com
Tue Mar 20 10:55:50 CET 2012

On 03/15/2012 10:43 AM, ext Shawn Rutledge wrote:
>> I agree. I think this is the best solution given the deadline. It
>> will not break any apps and we can get rid of this event synthesis
>> for good. Is there anybody already working on this fix? Br, Adriano
> Yes, so far I just got the MouseArea to handle the touch events.  Now I need
> to disable all the other places where synthesis is done, and do lots of
> testing.  And then I can see about that enum property.

I think just removing the synthesis and handling touch events on
elements like Flickable, MouseArea, etc should be enough. The flag
itself is a additional feature, so it can be discarded if no API changes
are allowed.

Regarding the consequences, all C++ components from now on should also
handle touch and mouse events if they want to support both, which makes
sense anyway.

Does Shawn have green flag to fix this?

Br,
Adriano