[Development] Request: Make QWinOverlappedIoNotifier as public.

Denis Shienkov scapig2 at yandex.ru
Wed Mar 21 19:01:09 CET 2012

Hi developers.

Can you do a private class Qt5 QWinOverlappedIoNotifier as a public?

You've already done QWinEventNotifier public, what's stopping you to do similar with QWinOverlappedIoNotifier ?!  :)

I had an acute problem in the use of asynchronous I/O in Windows when developing add-QtSerialPort.
These requirements are very well satisfied class QWinOverlappedIoNotifier, but it is private. :(

Addon QtSerialPort positioned as a "system", so it requires private classes, without which lost all the beauty of programming.

I basically, I can make duplicate (copy + paste) the implementation of this class, but it will not be the right decision,
as this will lead to the creation of one additional thread.

I tried to connect it to my project (Qt5):

 #include <QtCore/private/qwinoverlappedionotifier_p.h>

but it did not give the result (in contrast to similar manipulations in Qt 4.7.x)

What solution would you suggest in this case?

Best regards,
Denis