[Development] New QUrl reviewing

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Mar 28 20:02:15 CEST 2012

The new QUrl has been up for review for several days now. Lots of people have
commented on the basic enablers and I have taken into account a lot of
feedback.

But as the principle of bikeshed goes, no one has reviewed yet the bulk of the
change, which are:

- the URL recoder
- the QUrlQuery class
- the porting of QUrl to the URL recoder and new API
- small fixes done after the porting

I'm asking that reviewers work in the following order:

1) review QUrlQuery for its API, docs and potentially missing tests
	https://codereview.qt-project.org/21049
	https://codereview.qt-project.org/21057

2) review QUrl for its API, docs and tests
	https://codereview.qt-project.org/21058
	https://codereview.qt-project.org/21059
	https://codereview.qt-project.org/21066
	https://codereview.qt-project.org/21067

3) review the recoder as a block, for its functionality and test results, not
for the code itself
	https://codereview.qt-project.org/21047
	https://codereview.qt-project.org/21048
	https://codereview.qt-project.org/21052
In particular, I'm fine if no one approves those three commits. I'll TrustMe
them based on the test results.

4) review the later changes to QUrl
	https://codereview.qt-project.org/21060
	https://codereview.qt-project.org/21061
	https://codereview.qt-project.org/21063
	https://codereview.qt-project.org/21066
	https://codereview.qt-project.org/21068

5) review the "port" of other code:
	https://codereview.qt-project.org/21064
	https://codereview.qt-project.org/21493
Most of the changes are only performance improvements since the API retains
compatibility.