[Development] Proposal: Changing the default output of qDebug and friends

Lincoln Ramsay lincoln.ramsay at nokia.com
Thu Mar 29 02:02:59 CEST 2012

On 03/29/2012 09:54 AM, ext Olivier Goffart wrote:
> That would be possible with runtime backtrace (#include<execinfo.h>
> backtrace(), on Linux)
> So one could add some tokens in QT_MESSAGE_PATTERN to get the backtrace.
> The problem is that runtime backtrace is often not really accurate.

Getting a whole backtrace is another problem entirely. I'd just like to
see the caller's filename and line number used when a function is trying
to warn you that someone has used it incorrectly.

And yeah... optimized binaries make it difficult for this to work 100%
while it's an add-on to the language :(

--
Lincoln Ramsay - Senior Software Engineer
Qt Development Frameworks, Nokia - http://qt.nokia.com/