[Development] Common base class for all socket types

d3fault d3faultdotxbe at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 02:43:54 CET 2012

addendumb:

I forgot to mention the overlap between QIODevice and
QAbstractSocket/QAbstractDataChannel.

I should first mention that all QAbstractDataChannels would be
buffered (right?) sequential (pretty sure) QIODevices.

But there's some other overlap that isn't as easy to unify:

QIODevice::open()
QAbstractDataChannel::connectTo*()

QIODevice::close()
QAbstractDataChannel::disconnectFrom*()

I guess connectTo could call open and disconnectFrom calls close?
There might be problems with this that I'm overlooking.

I was working with QTcpSocket a while back and noticed that even after
a disconnect, the QIODevice was still open. See:
http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/interest/2012-September/003959.html

d3fault