[Development] Another method of registering QML types

Alan Alpert 416365416c at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 20:42:49 CET 2012

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 11:14 AM, Oswald Buddenhagen
<oswald.buddenhagen at digia.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 08, 2012 at 09:57:05AM -0800, Alan Alpert wrote:
>> Any comments on this suggested addition to the QtDeclarative public API?
>>
> sounds like an utter nightmare for plugins.qmltypes files.

I think it's reasonable for Creator to just not provide type
information on dynamically generated types. The concept does not seem
inherently toolable.

It does sound like the documentation should explicitly state that
qmldir files are preferable where feasible. I wouldn't expect a
problem with that though, in those cases qmldir files are a lot easier
to use anyways.

--
Alan Alpert