[Development] Another method of registering QML types

Alan Alpert 416365416c at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 00:47:39 CET 2012

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 3:43 PM, Thiago Macieira
<thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
> On quinta-feira, 8 de novembro de 2012 15.36.23, Alan Alpert wrote:
>> But I'm not sure what the usecase is for extending QtQuick1 in Qt5
>> only? Isn't the primary point of QtQuick 1 in Qt5 to provide a smooth
>> migration path? QtQuick 1 in Qt5 is "Done" (unless this has changed),
>> so if a feature is important enough to ignore that classification in
>> Qt5, I think it would also be important enough to ignore the done
>> status of Qt 4. The impression I'm getting is also that it's probably
>> not important enough to add to QtQuick 1.
>
> "Done" does not mean we can't add small new features, especially if they are
> convenience for something you can already do by another method.
>
> However, Qt 4.8 cannot receive new features nor new symbols. If there were a
> Qt 4.9, we could add the change there.

Exactly. I'd be quite happy with a small, important new feature being
added to QtQuick 1 in 5.1, and QtQuick 1 in 4.9. It's not the exact
same time, so it's a little crummy, but it's still an attempt at
maintaining a single "QtQuick 1" API.

--
Alan Alpert