[Development] Is QtConcurrent's code generator still in use?

Olivier Goffart olivier at woboq.com
Sat Nov 10 11:34:58 CET 2012

On Saturday 10 November 2012 10:09:42 Sze Howe Koh wrote:
> I found a code generator in qttools/src/qtconcurrent/generaterun,
> which is supposedly the tool for generating
>     qtbase/src/concurrent/qtconcurrentrun.h
>     qtbase/src/concurrent/qtconcurrentstoredfunctioncall.h
>
> However, the code generator seems to have fallen out of sync with its
> targets. It produces lines like "#include
> <QtCore/qtconcurrentrunbase.h>", which is reminiscent of the old Qt
> 4.8 structure.
>
> Should it be updated, or is it no longer used?

Hi,

It seems like none of the people that have maintained QtConcurrent recently or
applied or reviewed patch to those files, including me, knew about this tool.
(My fault since there is a even comment in the files telling not to edit which
I must have missed)

There are a few commit even in the 4.x series that are not included in that
generator.

Anyway... First, the location: It should probably not have been in the qttools
repository, but rather in the qtrepotools.
And yes, it probably would make send to update the tool to take in account all
the commits since at least the time the repository went public around Qt 4.5.

--
Olivier

Woboq - Qt services and support - http://woboq.com