[Development] QX11EmbedWidget in Qt5

Peter Rullmann peter.rullmann at barco.com
Sat Nov 10 17:39:00 CET 2012

On Thu, 08 Nov 2012 10:37:58 +0100, Alberto Mardegan
<mardy at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Hi all!
>   At some point I might need to use XEmbed, so I'm interested in helping
> out the implementation of QX11EmbedWidget in Qt5, as time permits.
> Now I'm just studying the code to evaluate how much of an effort it
> would be.

Thanks for bringing up this missing feature in Qt5 again. We're already
using qt5 and will need XEmbed quite soon.

Is it of any help that QtWebkit already has support for NSAPI plugins (eg
Flash), which is also based on XEmbed?

Regards,
Peter Rullmann