[Development] Pushing to gerrit

Sze Howe Koh szehowe.koh at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 06:46:18 CET 2012

On 11 November 2012 13:10, Majid Khan <mkhan3189 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Sze,
>
> I am getting error out of it.
>
> fatal: 'gerrit' does not appear to be a git repository
>
> I have checked my full URL path, thats correct (that I had used to clone
> repo from) I am trying to push to qt-creator project.
>
> Thanks

You're welcome. Did you run the init-repository script, and did you
pass it your Gerrit username? If you did, your git config file should
have a section like this:

    [remote "gerrit"]
    url = ssh://YOURGERRITUSERNAME@codereview.qt-project.org:29418/qt/qtbase
    fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/gerrit/*

(There are a few different places you can clone from, but you need to
push to the qt-project.org repo)

Also, make sure you've installed your git hooks.

Regards,
Sze-Howe