[Development] Finding your way around Qt Creator code base

Majid Khan mkhan3189 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 10:40:55 CET 2012

Hi everyone,

I am working on a Qt Creator's Bug (7044) and since this is my first bug
fix for Qt Creator so I am a little confused here.

I have been looking at "how things work" in search [Find Usages and Rename
Symbol Under Cursor] for two days now and I have gotten a very good idea on
how is this designed. But my potential fix for the jira as per my
comment<https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTCREATORBUG-7044?focusedCommentId=187481&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-187481>
needs
a bit of experts' help and opinion.

Main reason of my this mail is that is there a better way of finding your
way through the code base. You will know what exactly am I pointing to if
you check my comment on
jira<https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTCREATORBUG-7044?focusedCommentId=187481&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-187481>.
Also, if someone with their expertise could guide me if I am going to right
direction for the fix.

Thanks

--
Majid Khan