[Development] Proposal: New list of Qt 5 reference / Tier 1 platforms

shane.kearns at accenture.com shane.kearns at accenture.com
Tue Nov 13 17:12:55 CET 2012

> Win8 support would be nice to add, but please do not drop WinXP.
> MS may be dropping official, public support for WinXP in 2014; but it will still be around for a very long time.

> Ben

Are you referring to XP for embedded? (which survives until 2016)
I'd strongly advise anyone not to use a operating system for which there are no security updates on a general purpose machine.
While you may need to continue supporting products based on XP embedded, would that include putting new releases of Qt on them?

However, if & when we do decide to remove XP from the CI system it should be replaced with vista (as the oldest supported windows version).
We shouldn't test only W7 and W8.

My view would be that XP should not be a tier 1 platform for new releases when MS discontinues extended support.
It should still be tested for patch releases of already released Qt versions.

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited.

Where allowed by local law, electronic communications with Accenture and its affiliates, including e-mail and instant messaging (including content), may be scanned by our systems for the purposes of information security and assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy.