[Development] Proposal: New list of Qt 5 reference / Tier 1 platforms

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Wed Nov 14 05:07:14 CET 2012

> Compiling on the target is very unusual, and slow. Crosscompiling +
> running tests on qemu looks like a better option IMHO.

The ubuntu-arm, arch-arm community and the like would say the opposite
(i.e. think of a powerful board like beagle). While scratchbox was also a
"cross-compilation" environment, the build situation was a bit similar to
how you build on the target, so you had an emulated environment (qemu, not
just for tests!). Many issues occured that would not occur without emulaton
like in MADDE et al. I personally do not mind the "slower" compilation if I
can do that in the background without baby-sitting if it requires less
active work than more difficult cross-compilation setups.

Hence, I agree with Shawn about that it would be very nice to have because
unfortunately I got many issues in such environments.

Laszlo