[Development] building modules "removed"

Lorn Potter lorn.potter at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 21:40:16 CET 2012

On 17/11/2012, at 6:02 AM, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:

> On sábado, 17 de novembro de 2012, às 05.35.18, you wrote:
>> On 17/11/2012, at 5:27 AM, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com>
> wrote:

>>> cd qtsensors && make
>>
>> that only works from an in-source build. shadow builds will no longer create
>> those missing modules directories
>
> mkdir qtsensors
> cd qtsensors
> qmake $srcdir
> make

That doesn't work for cross builds. or probably for any configuration options available, as any config tests for any modules removed are probably not run at configure time anymore.

I wasn't saying it is impossible to build. Rather, it would have been nice to find some other way to disable those modules for the release packages. Had the maintainers effected been added to reviewers for that change, I would have probably suggested something different be done.