[Development] QT 4.8 sysroot use

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Nov 19 17:05:36 CET 2012

On segunda-feira, 19 de novembro de 2012 16.54.05, Stephane Cerveau wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Is there a way to use the sysroot param in QT 4.8 as it is used in QT5.
> Indeed when we install a cross compile with -prefix, the sysroot dir is
> not used in QT 4.8.
>
> I would like to use PKG_CONFIG_SYSROOT_DIR to build apps ( such as
> webkit) but if I install QT 4.8 in a folder SYSROOT_DIR/usr, the .pc
> files contains prefix=QT_INSTALL_PATH instead of /usr.
> Any help would be appreciate.
> Best regards.
>
> Stéphane
>
> PS: hope it is the correct mailing list

since you're only asking about how to use Qt for a particular scenario, not
how to change it. When you reply, please drop the development@ mailing list.

If you were asking how to backport the changes from Qt 5 to Qt 4.8, then
development@ would be correct.

Answering your question: you need to do like in any other package out there,
in the way that it's been done for 20 years:
	[set environment]
	configure -prefix /usr [other options]
	make
	make install INSTALL_ROOT=/prefix/to/your/sysroot