[Development] QML Tooling Renames (was: Pending decisions on co-installation)

Thomas Hartmann Thomas.Hartmann at digia.com
Wed Nov 21 10:07:29 CET 2012

Hi,

 > qmleasing was for easy importing of After Effects easing curves, and
 > easingcurveeditor was for more manual manipulation of curves. But both
 > tools display an easing curve, a rectangle to test it with, and an
 > array output that you can paste into a QML animation. It makes sense
 > to have one easing curve tool, which can import from AE and then let
 > you play with it a bit. Still there's no problem waiting for Thomas to
 > review it, it's not really urgent (although it would be nice to have
 > it fit in with the rest of the tool renames).

We kept it as two tools, because there was no immediate idea how the ui
of the common tool should look like.
Then other things got higher priority.

If you have a nice solution for integrating qmleasing into
easingcurveeditor, I will happily review it.

Also most people still do not seem to know about custom easing curves
(Context: Developer Days in Berlin).
One guy, I talked to, still stated it is an important missing feature.
So I am planning to blog about it once 5.0 is out, improving the
visibility of the feature.

Kind Regards,
Thomas Hartmann