[Development] Status of WP8 port

Turunen Tuukka Tuukka.Turunen at digia.com
Wed Nov 21 20:38:08 CET 2012

We have presented our plans in the DevDays, and will also blog about these. But you are right - currently the roadmap for 5.1 and 5.2 in the qt-project.org is a bit out of date. We need to fix this. And naturally development by all of us will affect these.

> - what are the current major unresolved issues for qt5?

This is easiest to see directly from bugreports.qt-project.org. There are very few big items still ongoing (mainly work related to modularized documentation). There are however a number of smaller items we want to fix before releasing 5.0.0.

> - what are the current major unresolved issues for android/necessitas and ios?

These mainly just require work, which is already ongoing, and we can proceed full steam after 5.0.0 is out. One of the biggest items is to have Qt Quick 2 running in iOS. We have a solid plan for this as well, but some work is required to make it happen. You can see the current state from http://youtu.be/jRQTzrsNeVk (link to our DevDays demos in YouTube)

> - what about the regexp, new QML concurrency and other interesting
> feature we can find in jira?

We hope to open 5.1 for development soon as has been discussed already in the mailing lists.

Yours,

           Tuukka