[Development] Landing support for high-dpi Qt 5

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 13:27:18 CET 2012

> The main reason for committing this now is to close the feature regression from Qt 4 to Qt 5.
> Qt 4 gets high-dpi support via the CoreGraphics paint engine. Qt 5 uses raster and we need to do the implementation work in Qt.

Have you measured at all how performance compares between Qt 4 and Qt
5 in HiDPI mode?  I assume CoreGraphics benefits from hardware
acceleration and although Qt's raster engine has often been faster
than the 'native' engine, I wonder if that will still be the case when
processing 4x the number of pixels on a Retina-era Mac.

Regards,
Rob.