[Development] qt-jambi-interest at qt.nokia.com

Knoll Lars Lars.Knoll at digia.com
Sun Nov 25 15:55:39 CET 2012

On Nov 23, 2012, at 8:32 PM, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:

> On sexta-feira, 23 de novembro de 2012 18.56.54, Darryl Miles wrote:
>> 3) Is the qt-project able and willing to take over continuing the
>> mailing list, it would be useful to know how many subscribers there are
>> (I maybe talking about 20 people).
>
> We could not migrate people from the Trolltech/Nokia lists to the Qt Project
> in the past due to privacy concerns. We cannot auto-subscribe the subscribers
> of that list.
>
> However, the Qt Project is willing and able to support the Jambi effort with a
> mailing list and other resources. All you have to do is ask.
>
> I hereby give my +1 on creating a new mailing list for Jambi.

Yes, +2 from my side. Unfortunately we won't be able to get the old subscriber list, but maybe we can try to get one last mail out through the old list to everybody notifying them about the move to the new one.

I also think we should migrate the jambi repositories from gitorious over to qt-project.org.

Cheers,
Lars