[Development] Qt Playground - Updating Daemon/Service Support

Matt Broadstone mbroadst at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 18:40:58 CET 2012

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 12:01 PM, Charley Bay <charleyb123 at gmail.com> wrote:

> equivalent
>
> +1
>
> IMHO this would be a cross-platform useful module that I'd vote to
> ultimately end-up within "Qt-proper".
>
> Disclosure:  I traded emails with BRM off-list, and would like to help.
>
> --charley

Would you guys like to get into your design a little here? Did you mean
that you would be creating two classes: QCoreService/QGuiService (though
I'm not sure why one would want a gui service, maybe to use some of the
graphics classes?). Also, could you speak to your ideas for the pluggable
backend? Will you target systemd as a reference implementation?

Matt