[Development] QMake behaviour change

Johan Thelin e8johan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 08:01:35 CET 2012

Hi all,

I just wanted to highlight QTBUG-28011 [1]. I feel that this causes a
number of problems:

- Breaks old code, while only yielding warnings, which are then
followed by hard to interpret linker errors
- Means that source code where headers and sources are split into
different directories all of a sudden depends on relative paths to all
files
- Behaves differently from QtCreator (tested with a rather old version 2.5.2).

In my opinion, the change pointed to in the bug adds very little,
while breaking quite a lot. Thus, I suggest it be reverted.

[1] https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-28011

Best regards,

Johan Thelin

Recommended on-line reading:
http://www.thelins.se | http://www.qtcentre.org
Recommended off-line reading:
The Foundations of Qt Development (ISBN: 1-59059-831-8)