[Development] QtWebkit from Qt5 couldn't display Chinese characters correctly on Windows

Simon Hausmann simon.hausmann at digia.com
Wed Nov 28 09:15:54 CET 2012

On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 09:38:24 AM Konstantin Ritt wrote:
> OR this could be a result of using QRawFont "backdoor" :)

That wouldn't explain though why it works on Mac and Linux, no?

There are two code paths in WebKit, a fast text code path and one for complex
text (note how it's not called slow ;). I'm not 100% sure, but I think the
chinese characters would likely go through the fast text code path, which is
indeed using QRawFont. If that is the case, then it may be a matter of not
finding the right fonts on Windows.

Simon