[Development] repository for the toolwrapper

Shawn Rutledge shawn.t.rutledge at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 21:03:29 CET 2012

On 28 November 2012 18:35, Romain Pokrzywka <romain.pokrzywka at gmail.com> wrote:
> It would have been a good idea to ask a native English speaker before
> deciding on the name, as this is an atrocity, language-wise. I'm not a
> native myself but I can tell this sounds wrong. 'Chose' is definitely not
> the right verb here, you probably wanted 'select' instead?
>
> On top of that, IMO the *er suffix sounds really odd for a command tool.
> Have you ever heard of commands named 'lister', 'deleter', or 'grepper' ?
>
> For these reasons I think other suggested names such as 'q[t]ver' or
> 'q[t]select' are much more appropriate and sound more standard. (I don't
> care much for q vs qt though)

I am a native speaker.  While chooser is not such a common word, MacOS
up through OS9 (and the mac-like OS on the IIgs) had a control panel
called the Chooser, for selecting system-wide defaults such as
printers.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Chooser

There is a joke that perl is an acronym for "pathological eclectic
rubbish lister".

And you can google for deleter and find some sort of software too.