[Development] Example clean-up for Qt 5

Linaae Hanne Hanne.Linaae at digia.com
Tue Oct 2 15:08:14 CEST 2012

Hi,

The following statements have triggered this work:
- "We have too many examples."
- "We need more good demos."
- "Some examples are really outdated."
- ...and more..

Bottom line: Our examples need cleaning up!

Examples are of course very important for those who want to get started with Qt, but also for experienced people as they provide an easy way to check out functionality they haven't used before.

To start off this work, we are a small group here at Digia Oslo who have started going through the examples and adding comments about them.
Some background info can be found here: http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt5ExampleProject
And the list of examples here: http://community.kde.org/Qt5/Documentation/ExampleList

We would highly appreciate more help!
You can help out by running an example a day (or more, if you are up to it..).

Help by offering your opinion on:
* Does the example have a meaningful purpose? Or is the feature it demonstrates deprecated or obsolete in Qt 5?
* Does it follow Qt 5 "best practice" / recommended way of doing things?
* Are the comments, text strings, README, etc up to date?
* Is the example documentation, i.e. the corresponding .qdoc file, if any, up to date?
* Does the structure follow the example shown here: http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt_Documentation_Structure ?

..and add your comments to the wiki.
Thanks in advance for your help!

Topi, Eirik, Jerome and Hanne