[Development] Preparing to release repackaged version of Qt 4.8.3 with Digia copyrights

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Oct 3 19:19:33 CEST 2012

On quarta-feira, 3 de outubro de 2012 17.31.41, Giuseppe D'Angelo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 3 October 2012 17:09, Salovaara Akseli <Akseli.Salovaara at digia.com>
wrote:
> > We are preparing to release a repackaged version of Qt 4.8.3 with Digia
> > copyrights (Qt 4.8.3-1) very soon. The Qt 4.8.3-1 contains the same
> > functionality as the Qt 4.8.3 release with copyright changes from Nokia to
> > Digia (sha1 has not been changed).
>
> Sorry... the SHA1 of what? Of the commit tagged as 4.8.3?

Yes, the SHA-1 of the tag and the commit that was tagged.

> > There was a problem related to MinGW
> > in the Qt 4.8.3 release which should be now fixed on Qt 4.8.3-1.
>
> This last statement contradicts the previous one (same functionality,
> only legal/copyright changes). Has this fix landed in the 4.8 branch?
> Are you cherry picking it along with the license changes?

Good question. Was that a MinGW packaging issue or a change in the source
code? If it's a matter of building and putting things together, then I
understand.

If it contains a fix to the source code, I'd rather go straight to a 4.8.4.

> > Please note that we cannot create release from repository with copyright
> > changes without changing sha1.
>
> Can't you push a commit on top of 4.8.3 that updates the license
> files, and tag that commit 4.8.3-1?

If we do that, we should just call it 4.8.4.