[Development] Qt desktop components project

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 10:49:47 CEST 2012

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 1:31 PM, Bache-Wiig Jens
<Jens.Bache-Wiig at digia.com> wrote:
> No worries. Development is still going strong. It just happens that the people that are involved in component development are the very same people trying to push a Qt 5.0 release out of the door right now. This obviously means a bit less focus on new feature development while the release is ongoing. Aside from that, it is the last chance in some time that we have at improving the core foundations on the graphics stack, provide accessibility support, add retina support, polish the look and feel and a lot of other things that are also neccessary foundations for Components. Development has simply moved its focus into the foundations while we can still change them for Qt 5.0.
>
> Regards,
> Jens

I'm glad to see your name with an @digia.com mail :) Since you seem to
be the main Qt Desktop Components developer considering the git log
^_-

Anyway, what is the plan right now? Don't do anything for the desktop
components till Qt 5 is released then developing the desktop
components further till they are perfect and ready to be released with
Qt 5.1? Last time i used them (~half a year ago or so) they certainly
weren't perfect, but also not far from that. They are very usable as
they are right now. Just a bit difficult to package and release with
an application. I do hope Qt is going to do something about that. As
in: ship a Qt binary package with all the requirements in it to get an
application running that's build with the desktop components.

Regards,
Mark