[Development] Antialiasing

Wehmer, Matthias Matthias.Wehmer at draeger.com
Fri Oct 5 14:28:05 CEST 2012

Hi Samuel,

I will try to make myself clearer, sorry for that unclear information.
The shaders I'm talking about are those, that I implemented in my custom Qml plugin via the QSGSimpleMaterial class. There I have implemented two custom versions of the vertex and the fragment shader, whereby the later is just coloring the scene. OpenGL itself is involved in such a way as I use it to pass a texture to the fragment shader, but the geometry for example is created with the methods and objects given by Qt, i.e. I use a QSGGeometryNode and attach my geometry to it and simply draw a Line_Strip between them.

The setAntialiasing() method I talk about is the one from the QQuickItem class.

>From my understanding this method should turn on some kind of postprocessing, that is antialise the scene after it is drawn by the SceneGraph. Obviously this doesn't work for my custom widget, although all other items are antialiased. So either I understand this option and its consequences wrong or I need to implement some postprocessing on my own. For that I would need access to the scene (in form of a texture) after it has been drawn by the SceneGraph. Is there a possibility for that? Do you see my problem and what I understand wrong? I'm kinda struggling right now, because the whole rendering mechanism seems to be a black box for me. :D

Thank you very much for your help so far.

Greetings
Matthias

Message: 5