[Development] QTcpSocket, QLocalSocket, common-use-model?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Oct 9 16:32:06 CEST 2012

On terça-feira, 9 de outubro de 2012 14.12.16, Giuseppe D'Angelo wrote:
> On 9 October 2012 13:03, Joerg Bornemann <joerg.bornemann at digia.com> wrote:
> > There's AFAIK no "short cut" for pure localhost TCP
> > connections.
>
> There are. For instance, checksums are not computed nor checked for
> packets travelling through the loopback interface.

Also, the MTU and buffer sizes are higher, but it's still not as optimal as
Unix sockets.

What you're asking for is an intermediate base between QAbstractSocket and
QIODevice, but I'm not sure how much it's worth. What methods from
QAbstractSocket do you need which are also common (same signature) between
that and QLocalSocket?