[Development] High-dpi Qt best practices

Sorvig Morten Morten.Sorvig at digia.com
Tue Oct 9 22:36:28 CEST 2012

On Oct 9, 2012, at 1:53 PM, Olivier Goffart <olivier at woboq.com>
 wrote:

> I don't think having opt in like that is a good idea. It will be a mess when
> you mix different libraries or piece of code together.
> That is why I think one need an explicit way to do it.

That's a good point - QT_HIDPI_AWARE applies to all Qt code in the process.

For now I think this is good enough and is not something I want to change. We can look at alternatives later on if you want to get into the details of the changes.

> Can I have a link to the gerrit change?

Qt 4: https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,33266
Qt 5: https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,36293

Morten